Wednesday, August 20, 2003

A perek!

Hadran Alach Keitzad MeAbrin! (5th perek eruvin, bavli)

I did not actually finish the prakim up to the fifth. I was in the middle of the 1st, actually, on Thursday, when the blackout hit. I learn usually on the way to and from work. I was not going to carry the Artscroll with me as I waled from Manhatten to Kew Gardens Hills, so I left it at work. At my parents' house, there was the second volume of Artscroll Eruvin, so I picked up from there, and it starts from the first perek.

The Artscroll continues to be a draw for strangers. As I was getting off the 3 train at 42nd Street today, a lady asked me if this was the Talmud. I told her yes, and added that it it is in Hebrew but with an English translation. She said she wished I had been sitting next to her (so that she could have read over my shoulder).

There is an incredible thirst for knowledge out that, that is not being filled.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin